Everyone should have a special place. Their own little piece of heaven. An escape. This is mine.

"Give me a memory worth dying for...give me tonight."



lunes, 29 de abril de 2013

Ripples in the reflection...

This photo belongs to Phatpuppyart, it was retrieved from:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/159/7/f/eternal_flame_by_phatpuppyart-d3id1xi.jpg
"With an all-consuming dread I dare take a look at the reflection I have eluded for so long. The eyes staring back at me chant stories that are best forgotten but never will be. Trembling fingers reach for the image, wanting to harness it…embrace it even, but it blurs at contact, leaving ripples in the water at its wake. Now this I recognize, a blurred version of myself. But to her, I here and now make a promise…I'll find myself…I'll grow into myself…and that day- the world better be prepared because with the same intrinsic radiance a star shines in her dying days I’ll illuminate a world filled with unseeing beings…and even them will see."
I wrote this exactly a year ago when things were going really rough for me. I can now look back without cringing at the memory, so I think it was about time I posted this one.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario